Melangell by Anne Mortimer
Details of Melangell
Melangell was a female saint of the 7th century, She lived as a hermit in nature and legend says that during a hunt, a Hare took refuge under her cloak. A prince found her in the thicket and moved by her courage, gave her the valley as a place of sanctuary. From that moment, She became the patron saint of hares. Today Saint Melangell's church in Wales is a place of pilgrimage with many beautiful hare carvings. I wanted to dedicate this painting to Melangell.
- Painted on Arches Hot Press in acrylic, pen and ink, hand finished in gold leaf.
- Size: 54cm x 34cm (21" x 13.25")
- Unframed- print only
- Limited Edition Print (95)
- Individually finished in Goldleaf
- Reproduced as a Giclee Fine Art Print on 310gsm Hahnemuhle Photo Ragpaper